Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sometimes Valentine's Day is not for the weak at heart but here is a tip on how to make the best of it!

I have had many a Valentines' Day that I did not have a significant other. I remember one such Valentines' Day when I was a just-graduated pharmacist living in a new town a few hours from home (where I didn't know a soul!). I was doing my laundry at the local laundromat the night of Valentines' Day, reading a novel to pass the time. Out of the blue, a man whom I had never met, brought me a red rose! He said he couldn't bear to think I was alone on Valentines' Day and immediately left. I really was stunned and it was so unexpected. He was a real angel and I remember smelling my rose the whole way home. There are some really special people in this world and it may be that God sends us an angel now and then to remind us of this. So if you are alone this Valentine's Day, think of some of the people in your life who you are grateful for and try not to dwell on what you don't have and what you do have. I am sure you can think of a special angel who came into your life at one point or the other too! Just giving everyone something to think about from ChicksLoveChocolate!

No comments: